Grilled Romaine Salad
Wood Pellet Recommendation
6 Bacon Strips, cooked crisp & chopped
1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped (for dressing)
1 cup Cotija Cheese
10.5 oz (about 36) Grape Tomatoes
2 tbsp Lime Juice (for dressing)
6 tbsp Milk (for dressing)
1/4 tsp Onion Powder (for dressing)
4 slices Pickled Jalapeños (mild)
1/4 cup Sour Cream (for dressing)
1 tbsp Chives, chopped (for dressing & garnish)
For Topping, Citrus Parmesan Rub
1 clove Garlic (for dressing)
4 Hard-Boiled Eggs, halved
6 tbsp Mayonnaise (for dressing)
1/4 tsp Parsley, dried (for dressing)
1/2 tsp Prime Steakhouse Rub (for dressing)
2 ears Sweet Corn, Husk Removed
Preheat LG grill to 400° F.
- While the grill is heating up, thread the grape tomatoes onto 4 large metal skewers.
- Brush or spray the ears of corn, grape tomatoes and the inside of the romaine lettuce halves with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Grill the ears of corn with the lid closed for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until corn is caramelized and dark brown spots appear on the kernels. Transfer to a large plate and set aside.
- Grill the tomatoes and lettuce cut-side down for about 3-4 minutes. Turn the tomatoes and remove when evenly charred and blistered. Remove the lettuce when the cut-side is slightly charred. Transfer to a large plate or baking sheet and set aside.
- Cut the grilled corn off the cob.
- Place grilled lettuce cut-side up on a large serving platter and season with LG Citrus Parmesan. Drizzle with creamy jalapeno ranch dressing and top with grilled corn kernels, grilled grape tomatoes, crumbled bacon, cotija cheese and hardboiled eggs. Top with additional Citrus Parmesan as desired, and serve.
This salad pairs well with Grilled Mahi Mahi or Swordfish.