Grilled Acorn Squash with Rosemary & Sage
Side Dish, Vegetarian
Perfect for Autumn, this grilled acorn squash recipe can be used to create a delicious side-dish for your next BBQ, or even take center-stage as a filling salad or risotto topper!
1 large or 2 small Acorn Squash, sliced in half lengthwise, seeded & cut into 1-inch thick half moons
2 TBSP finely chopped fresh rosemary
2 TBSP finely chopped fresh sage
¼ cup Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
Coarse Sea Salt & Freshly-Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Set your grill to 350 degrees
- Place the acorn squash half-moons on a cookie sheet or large cutting board in a single layer and brush them all generously on one side with oil. Sprinkle with some of the rosemary & sage, and season with salt & pepper. Flip all pieces over and repeat on the other side.
- Place the pieces in a single layer on the grill cooking for approximately 8-10 mins per side, until they caramelize nicely with grill marks & are fork-tender. (If you’d like more of a char on yours, you can sear them over an open flame on the sear plate before removing from the grill.)
- Arrange on a serving platter, drizzle with a bit more oil, a sprinkle of more rosemary & sage, and season to taste with more salt & pepper if desired.
- Can be served warm as a side dish or a vegetarian main course, or served cold as a salad topper.
Basting brush or pastry brush
Tip: These grilled squash make an excellent vegetarian taco filling in place of meat - Try it out on your next taco night! They also make a beautiful stir-in ingredient when chopped up for risotto or pasta dishes.