Don’t wait until the holidays to try this smoked turkey breast with stuffing. Turkey breast takes on smoke so delicately and beautifully that you should serve it up year-round. No need for a special occasion, go ahead and treat yourself!
Smoked Stuffed Turkey Breast
- 4-6 Turkey Breast, skin or skinless
- Louisiana Grills Black Truffle Rub
- 0.5 lbs Ground Sausage
- 1/2 Loaf White Bread
- 1 Small Onion, Diced
- 1 stalk Celery, Sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp Sage
- 1/4 Tbsp Savoury
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- For this stuffed turkey recipe, you want to begin by preheating your pellet grill to 300°F. I used my Louisiana Grills Founders Premier.
- Next you want to prepare your stuffing mixture by grabbing a medium sized bowl. Combine your ground sausage, onion, celery, garlic, sage, savory, thyme, Italian Seasoning, and salt/pepper and bread. With the bread you want to rip up by hand in small bite sized pieces.
- Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Prepare your turkey breast. Using a sharp knife, slice your turkey breast almost in half. You do not want to separate it completely from itself but want lots of room to stuff your stuffing with.
- Using a spoon, stuff the turkey breast and flip it over to secure itself. Since we are doing a smoked stuffed turkey breast, you do not need to flip it, and does not need to be secured with butcher string (although you can if you desire).
- Rub the exterior of your stuffed turkey breast with the Black Truffle Rub by Louisiana Grills.
- Placed your smoked turkey breast directly on your grill and smoke for approximately 1 hour or until an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!