BBQ Smoked Turkey Jerky
2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tablespoon quick curing Salt
4 tablespoons Sweet Sweet Rib Rub
¼ cup Water
2 tablespoons (any kind) Barbecue Sauce
½ cup Soy Sauce
2 pounds boneless skinless Turkey Breast
- Using a sharp knife, slice the turkey into ¼ inch slices with the grain (this is easier if the meat is partially frozen). Trim off any fat, skin or connective tissue and discard.
- Place the turkey slices into the plastic bag, seal, and massage the marinade into the turkey. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Once the jerky is ready to go, remove the turkey from the refrigerator, drain the marinade and discard. Pat the turkey dry with paper towels and sprinkle all sides generously with the remaining Sweet Rib Rub.
- Fire up your Louisiana Grill and set the temperature to 180°F. If you’re using a sawdust or charcoal smoker, set it up for medium low heat.
- Place the turkey slices directly onto the smoker grates and smoke for 2-4 hours, or until the jerky is chewy but still bends slightly.
- Transfer the jerky to a resealable plastic bag while the jerky is still warm and allow it to sit at room temperature for 1 hour. Squeeze any air from the bag and place in the refrigerator. It will keep for several weeks.
- Paper towel
- Plastic Bag
for fruitier aromas and spice, be sure to fill your hopper with our Apple Hardwood Pellets.