Seared Tuna Steaks
Fresh and flavorful, these Seared Tuna Steaks make for an elevated summer grilling experience. To mimic the perfectly seared tuna steaks you typically find at restaurants, you want to get a good sear on each side using high heat, then quickly take the fish off the grill to avoid overcooking the center. For a tropical twist, season the tuna with Louisiana Grills Key Lime Jerk Seasoning then finish with a zesty squeeze of lime and fresh cilantro.
1 tbsp Cilantro, Fresh
1/2 Lime, cut into wedges
1 Scallion, sliced thin
1 tbsp Grapeseed Oil
To Taste, Louisiana Grills Key Lime Jerk Seasoning
1 1/2 lb Tuna Steaks
For seafood, we recommend the light, smoky flavor of our Pennsylvania Cherry Hardwood Pellets.
Note: This recipe uses Louisiana Grills Key Line Jerk Seasoning.
- Fire up your Louisiana Grills pellet grill on SMOKE mode and allow the pellets to catch fire in the burn pot.
- Once a fire is established, preheat your grill to 425°F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of tuna steaks with grapeseed oil, then season with the Key Lime Jerk Seasoning.
- Place tuna steaks on the grill. Cook 1 ½ minutes per side. Remove from the grill, then open the sear slide and sear tuna steaks over open flame, an additional 30 seconds per side.
- Remove tuna steaks from the grill, slice thin, and serve with cilantro, lime, and scallions.
For a leaner fish with milder taste, opt for Yellowfin Tuna when choosing your steaks.