Smoked King Crab Legs
The perfect treat for a summer gathering or special occasion, these Smoked King Crab Legs are an elegant and delicious showstopper. King crab legs, which typically come from long-legged Alaskan king crabs, are a delicacy that are instantly elevated when smoked on the pellet grill. Serve with a lemon-infused butter and plenty of napkins.
1 stick Butter, Unsalted
2 lbs King Crab Legs
For Serving, Lemon Wedges
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1/2 tbsp Lemon Pepper Garlic & Herb
1/2 Lemon, juice & zest
- Place crab legs in the refrigerator and let thaw overnight.
- Fire up your Louisiana Grills pellet grill on SMOKE mode and let it run with lid open for 10 minutes then preheat to 225° F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for low, indirect heat.
- Place butter, lemon juice & zest, garlic, and Lemon Pepper Garlic & Herb, in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk everything together as the butter melts. Simmer for 5 minutes, then set aside.
- Set the crab legs on a foil-lined sheet tray, then carefully crack in a couple places using your hands. Pour half of the butter mixture over the legs, reserving the other half for serving. Transfer the crab legs to the grill and smoke for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the crab legs from the grill and serve immediately with reserved melted butter, and fresh lemon wedges.
- Foil-lined Sheet Tray
- Sauce Pan
While you don't need to flip or rotate the crab legs during smoking, it is important to make sure you don't overcook them or the flesh may become tough and rubbery.