Smoked King Crab Legs
Wood Pellet Recommendation
1 stick Butter, Unsalted
2 lbs King Crab Legs
For Serving, Lemon Wedges
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1/2 tbsp Lemon Pepper Garlic & Herb
1/2 Lemon, juice & zest
Foil-lined Sheet Tray
- Place crab legs in the refrigerator and let thaw overnight.
- Fire up your Louisiana Grills pellet grill on SMOKE mode and let it run with lid open for 10 minutes then preheat to 225° F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for low, indirect heat.
- Place butter, lemon juice & zest, garlic, and Lemon Pepper Garlic & Herb, in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk everything together as the butter melts. Simmer for 5 minutes, then set aside.
- Set the crab legs on a foil-lined sheet tray, then carefully crack in a couple places using your hands. Pour half of the butter mixture over the legs, reserving the other half for serving. Transfer the crab legs to the grill and smoke for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the crab legs from the grill and serve immediately with reserved melted butter, and fresh lemon wedges.
While you don't need to flip or rotate the crab legs during smoking, it is important to make sure you don't overcook them or the flesh may become tough and rubbery.