Wood Pellet Recommendation
2 tbsp Almonds
To Taste, Citrus Parmesan Rub
Lemon Wedges, for Serving
2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
To Taste, Salt
1/4 cup Butter, Softened
2 Halibut Filets (6 oz each)
1/4 cup + 2 tsp Olive Oil
1 cup Parsley, chopped
2 Scallions, sliced
Cast Iron Skillet
Sheet Tray or Baking Sheet
Small Bowl (2x)
- Fire up your Louisiana Grills pellet grill on SMOKE mode and let it run with lid open for 10 minutes then preheat to 400° F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for medium-high heat.
- Set halibut in a baking dish or sheet tray, then blot with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Season with Lemon Pepper Garlic & Herb Set aside.
- Combine butter and 1 teaspoon of Lemon Pepper Garlic & Herb seasoning in a small bowl. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lemon-parsley pesto: In a food processor, pulse almonds, parsley, and scallions. Drizzle in olive oil until just combined. Transfer to a small bowl, then fold in parmesan cheese, and season with salt, if needed.
- Set a cast iron skillet on the grill and heat olive oil. When hot, sear the halibut filets, 2 to 3 minutes per side, until fish is opaque and begins to flake. After flipping the halibut, add compound butter and baste throughout the remaining cook time.
- Remove the halibut from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes, then serve halibut warm with pesto and fresh lemon wedges.
Looking for a tasty side to accompany this decadent recipe? Try a creamy mushroom risotto.