Lemon Smoked Salmon
Wood Pellet Recommendation
1 tbsp Cracked Black Pepper
8oz Gin or Vodka
2 tbsp Kosher Salt
2, 8 – 10 oz Salmon Fillets, Skin Off
¼ cup dark brown sugar
1 tbsp Ground Fennel Seed
2, sliced Lemons
Louisiana Grills Sweet & Tangy, To Taste
Best Wood Pellets for Salmon
It is recommended to use a lighter hardwood like New England Apple Hardwood Pellets with this recipe.
- Pre -heat your Louisiana Grills Pellet Grill to 225°F.
- Remove the salmon from the cure, gently rinse the cure from the fish and pat dry.
- Place the fish on the grill, skin side down on the grill.
- Place the lemon slices evenly over the salmon fillets.
- Smoke until done. Salmon is cooked when the albumin (white stuff) comes out.
The best time to Smoke salmon is during the coolest part of the day, particularly during the early morning hours.