Lemon Smoked Salmon
Wood Pellet Recommendation
1 tbsp Cracked Black Pepper
8oz Gin or Vodka
2 tbsp Kosher Salt
2, 8 – 10 oz Salmon Fillets, Skin Off
¼ cup dark brown sugar
1 tbsp Ground Fennel Seed
2, sliced Lemons
Louisiana Grills Sweet & Tangy, To Taste
Best Wood Pellets for Salmon
It is recommended to use a lighter hardwood like New England Apple Hardwood Pellets with this recipe.
- Pre -heat your Louisiana Grills Pellet Grill to 225°F.
- Remove the salmon from the cure, gently rinse the cure from the fish and pat dry.
- Place the fish on the grill, skin side down on the grill.
- Place the lemon slices evenly over the salmon fillets.
- Smoke until done. Salmon is cooked when the albumin (white stuff) comes out.
- Plastic Wrap
- Sheet Pan
The best time to Smoke salmon is during the coolest part of the day, particularly during the early morning hours.