Salmon en Papillote
Wood Pellets Recommendation
- 6-8 oz. Salmon Filet
6-8 Spears of Asparagus
1-2 Sliced Red Onion
¼ Cup Shredded Carrots (We like rainbow carrots)
¼ Cup Green Onion, Diced
3 Lemon Slices
- Louisiana Grills Citrus Spice Rub – To taste
Olive Oil (We like We Olive Meyer Lemon)
2 Tbsp Chopped Basil
1 Tbsp Butter
- Set your Louisiana Grills Grill to 350 degrees and preheat.
- Take a piece of parchment paper and fold in half – Should be larger than the fish fillet
- On half of the parchment, place the asparagus, some sliced onion, and the carrots, then lay the salmon fillet on top. Sprinkle thoroughly with Louisiana Grills Citrus Spice Rub.
- Place the lemon slices on the seasoned salmon fillet, and then top with green onions, tablespoon of butter, chopped basil, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Fold the parchment paper over, and with your hands, tightly fold the two sides all the way around to form a packet surrounding the salmon (See video), making sure to seal as tightly and completely as possible.
- Transfer the packet to your Louisiana Grill, and place on the upper shelf – Allow to cook for approximately 25 minutes (Fish should reach an internal temperature of 140 degrees)
- One cooked, remove the packet, and serve the contents either in the parchment paper packet, or plated. Enjoy!
Double this recipe for two people. The parchment packets can be placed on a plate for your guests to unwrap or transferred to a plate for serving. Garlic bread is a great accompaniment for the salmon and rounds out a complete meal.