Smoked Chicken Thighs with Chimichurri
Liven up your barbequed chicken with these Smoked Chicken Thighs with Chimichurri. Tender, bone-in chicken thighs are seasoned in our bright and tangy Caribbean Key Lime, then smoked on the grill. Drizzle a fresh chimichurri sauce of red wine vinegar, fresh herbs, garlic and spices for a pop of flavor the whole family will love.
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
1 Garlic Clove, Minced
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Parsley, Chopped
1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
2 lbs Chicken Thighs, bone-in
To Taste, Key Lime Jerk Seasoning
1 tsp Oregano, chopped
1 tbsp Red Onion, minced
1/2 tsp Salt
- Fire up your Louisiana Grills pellet grill and with the lid open, set your temperature to SMOKE mode.
- Once the fire is lit, preheat to 250° F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for low, indirect heat.
- Drizzle olive oil on the chicken thighs, then season with Caribbean Key Lime. Set aside.
- Prepare the chimichurri by whisking together the olive oil, vinegar, parsley, red onion, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Place the chicken thighs on the grill grate and smoke for 60 to 75 minutes, until an internal temperature of 165° F.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and rest for 10 minutes. Serve warm with chimichurri.
- Mixing Bowl
Looking to round out this flavorful dish? Try a nice, fresh plantain salad to cool off your tastebuds.