New York Strip Loin
Elegant and succulent, this New York Strip Loin is a centerpiece worthy of any special occasion. Also known as top loin of beef, the New York strip loin, has excellent flavor and is the perfect pairing for simple, yet herby seasonings. In this version, the roast is seasoned in a herbaceous blend of sage, thyme, garlic and pepper, then marinated and seared. The result is a delicious savory exterior with a perfect medium-rare center.
1 1/2 tbsp Black Peppercorns, cracked
1 tbsp Kosher Salt
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1 tbsp Thyme Leaves
6 Garlic Cloves
4 lbs New York Strip Loin Roast, boneless
8 Sage Leaves
- Rare: 120°F - 130°F
- Medium Rare: 130°F - 135°F
- Medium: 135°F - 140°F
- Medium Well: 145°F - 155°F
- Well Done: 155°F and up.
- Prepare the herb seasoning: Start the food processor, then drop the garlic into the top, while running. Process until minced, then add fresh sage, thyme, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Set roast in a glass baking dish. Rub the herb seasoning all over, then cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Fire up your Louisiana Grills pellet grill on SMOKE mode and let it run with lid open for 10 minutes then preheat to 450° F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for high heat.
- Season roast with additional pepper, if desired. Set the roast, fat side up, on the grill and roast for 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes. Decrease the grill temperature to 350° F. Continue cooking for 30 to 35 minutes until an internal temperature of 130° F is reached.
- Remove roast from the grill, and allow it to rest for 15 minutes, then cut into thick slices. Serve warm.
- Glass Baking Dish
Remove the roast from the refrigerator 1 hour prior to roasting for optimal results.