Cinco de Mayo Carne Asada
Louisiana Grills Kitchen
Wood Pellet Recommendation
4-5 lbs. Inside Skirt Steak
- ½ Pineapple – Cut Into Small Chunks
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, Chopped
- 1 Small Red Onion, Chopped
- 3 Cups Orange Juice
- 2 Cups Soy Sauce
- ½ Cup Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup Lime Juice
- 1 Bunch Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Ground Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Chopped Canned Chipotle Peppers
- 1 Tbsp Louisiana Grills Sweet And Tangy Rub
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large aluminum or glass pan and mix together thoroughly.
- Take the skirt steak and submerge in the marinade, making sure to have the liquid cover all the meat. Cover and refrigerate overnight (Or at least 8 hours).
Preheat your grill to 320°. Remove pan from refrigerator and allow meat and marinade to come up to room temperature.
- Place skirt steak on lower grill and close the lid – Let cook for approximately 40 minutes, turning once.
- After 40 minutes, open the sear plate and sear the steaks to finish. Remove to serving plate, cut the skirt steak against the grain, and enjoy!
Carne asada goes great with Pico de Gallo, avocado, and diced green onion. Serve with warm corn or flour tortillas, or even telera or bolillo rolls.