Chipotle Aioli Smashburger
Louisiana Grills Kitchen
Wood Pellet Recommendation
- Lean Ground Beef, Rolled Into 1/3 LB. Balls
Louisiana Grills Prime Steakhouse Rub
- Red Onion – Thinly Sliced For Grilling (Approx. ½ Small Red Onion)
- Sliced Cheese – We Like Pepper Jack Or Sharp Cheddar
- Ciabatta Rolls – Sliced
- Chipotle Aioli (Recipe Below)
- 3 Chipotle Chiles With Adobo Sauce
1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
1/4 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
Chipotle Aioli Recipe
For the Aioli
Add all the ingredients to a food processor (or blender), and blend until all the ingredients are incorporated into a smooth sauce.
Allow mixture to chill for 45 minutes before serving.
For the Burgers
- Set your Louisiana Grill to 300° F and install the griddle top over the burn pot area.
- While the griddle is heating up, season each of the ground beef balls generously with Louisiana Grills Prime Steakhouse Rub.
- Once the griddle top is hot, place the ground beef balls onto the griddle, and allow to sear for 1 minute. Take your spatula and press down on each of the ground beef balls, flattening them on the griddle (You may need an extra spatula for leverage to really smash them well)
- Allow the smashed patties to cook 5-7 minutes until golden brown, (Watch for red juices on top of your patties) and then flip over to cook the other side for the same amount of time
- When you flip your burgers, it’s time to add the onion slices to the griddle and allow to cook next to the burger patties. Just before removing the patties from the grill, add cheese to each patty, and once melted, top with the griddled onions.
- Remove the patties from the griddle, and place the sliced ciabatta rolls down on the griddle – Allow to toast for 2-3 minutes and then remove.
- Build your burgers with the ciabatta roll bottom, then leafed lettuce, tomato slices, a Smashburger patty (Or two!), top with chipotle aioli, add the top half of the ciabatta roll, and serve!