This velvety Smoked 3-Layer Pavlova is an unexpected wood-fire infused showstopper. It twirls well past delicious and beautiful with its light and fluffy sweet meringue layered with juicy mixed berries and luscious whip will certainly hit the spot. Every bite will be sweet and seductive.
1 pint Blackberries
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Cornstarch
2 lbs Fresh Strawberries
1/4 cup Sour Cream
1 cup Superfine Sugar
2 tsp White Vinegar
1 pint Blueberries
To Coat Pans, Butter & Powdered Sugar
7 Egg Whites
1 cup Heavy Cream
1/4 cup Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Fire up your Louisiana Grills pellet grill and with the lid open, set your temperature to SMOKE mode.
- Once the fire is lit, preheat to 265° F.
- Combine the superfine sugar, brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Place the egg whites in a mixer, set to medium speed, and whip to soft peaks.
- Increase the speed to medium/high and gradually add the sugar mixture. Once the sugar is all mixed in, add the vanilla and vinegar.
- Increase the speed to high and whip until stiff peaks.
- Cut 3 pieces of parchment paper the size of the cake pans.
- Grease the cake pans with butter, including up the sides. Then dust with powdered sugar. Place the piece of parchment in the bottom of the cake pan.
- Divide the meringue between the three cake pans.
- Place in the smoker on the top rack and bake for 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes, turn off the smoker and prop open the lid to gradually cool down.
- While the meringue is baking, stem and cut up the straw berries into smaller pieces and combine with the other berries and ¼ cup of sugar. Let sit out for 30 minutes to macerate.
- In the mixer, combine the sour cream and heavy cream. Whip until stiff peaks.
- Once cooled, gently remove the meringues from their pans and remove the parchment.
- Layer the meringues, whipped cream and berries finishing with berries on top. Garnish with mint.
- 3 8" Cake Pans
- Parchment Paper
- Stand Mixer
Top with extra whip cream and garnish with lemon zest.