Wood Pellet Recommendation
1 pint Blackberries
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Cornstarch
2 lbs Fresh Strawberries
1/4 cup Sour Cream
1 cup Superfine Sugar
2 tsp White Vinegar
1 pint Blueberries
To Coat Pans, Butter & Powdered Sugar
7 Egg Whites
1 cup Heavy Cream
1/4 cup Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 8" Cake Pans
- Fire up your Louisiana Grills pellet grill and with the lid open, set your temperature to SMOKE mode.
- Once the fire is lit, preheat to 265° F.
- Combine the superfine sugar, brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Place the egg whites in a mixer, set to medium speed, and whip to soft peaks.
- Increase the speed to medium/high and gradually add the sugar mixture. Once the sugar is all mixed in, add the vanilla and vinegar.
- Increase the speed to high and whip until stiff peaks.
- Cut 3 pieces of parchment paper the size of the cake pans.
- Grease the cake pans with butter, including up the sides. Then dust with powdered sugar. Place the piece of parchment in the bottom of the cake pan.
- Divide the meringue between the three cake pans.
- Place in the smoker on the top rack and bake for 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes, turn off the smoker and prop open the lid to gradually cool down.
- While the meringue is baking, stem and cut up the straw berries into smaller pieces and combine with the other berries and ¼ cup of sugar. Let sit out for 30 minutes to macerate.
- In the mixer, combine the sour cream and heavy cream. Whip until stiff peaks.
- Once cooled, gently remove the meringues from their pans and remove the parchment.
- Layer the meringues, whipped cream and berries finishing with berries on top. Garnish with mint.
Top with extra whip cream and garnish with lemon zest.