Mexican Cornbread Casserole
1 lb Beef, Ground
1 box Corn Muffin Mix
1 Onion, Chopped
1 15oz drained Black Beans, Can
1 15oz Enchilada Sauce, Can
1 15oz drained Pinto Beans, Can
- Start Grill at 300 degrees with flame broiler open.
- Mix corn muffin mix according to directions.
- Place cast iron skillet over flame broiler and heat for a few minutes, leaving Grill lid open.
- Add onion and ground beef/sausage to skillet and break up
- Cook until meat is done about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add both cans of beans, and enchilada sauce, stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Carefully close flame broiler and turn Grill up to 400 degrees.
- Spread prepared corn muffin mix over top of meat and bean mixture and bake for 15 minutes until cornbread mixture is lightly browned.
- Let sit 15 minutes before serving.