Smoked Brie with Toppings
Wood Pellet Recommendation
1/4 cup Blackberries
8 oz Brie, wheel
1/4 cup Dried Apricots, chopped
1 Orange, Zest
1 tsp Thyme Leaves, chopped
1/4 cup Blackberry or Fig Jam
For Serving, Crostini
1/2 tbsp Honey
1/4 cup Pistachios, chopped
Cast Iron Skillet
- Fire up your Louisiana Grills pellet grill on SMOKE mode and let it run with lid open for 10 minutes then preheat to 180° F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for low, indirect heat.
- Place the Brie in a small, cast iron skillet, then set on the right side of the grill. Place a pan of ice cubes in the middle. Smoke the brie for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir the jam with the apricots, pistachios and orange zest to combine.
- Remove the ice and skillet from the grill, then spoon the jam mixture on top of the Brie. Increase the grill temperature to 350° F, then return the skillet to the grill. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the grill. Drizzle the baked brie with honey, and garnish with fresh thyme, blackberries, and additional apricots and pistachios, if desired. Serve warm with crostini.
If using a smaller grill, simply place a wire rack on top of the pan of ice cubes, then set the skillet on top.