Smoked Brie with Toppings
A gorgeous and simple appetizer, this Smoked Brie with Blackberries will impress at any special occasion. The brie wheel is pre-smoked on low to infused wood-fired flavor then coated in a sweet and zesty mixture of blackberry jam, apricots, pistachios, and thyme. The wheel is cooked again until creamy and melty. Serve with fresh blackberries on top, a drizzle of honey and crostini for dipping.
1/4 cup Blackberries
8 oz Brie, wheel
1/4 cup Dried Apricots, chopped
1 Orange, Zest
1 tsp Thyme Leaves, chopped
1/4 cup Blackberry or Fig Jam
For Serving, Crostini
1/2 tbsp Honey
1/4 cup Pistachios, chopped
- Fire up your Louisiana Grills pellet grill on SMOKE mode and let it run with lid open for 10 minutes then preheat to 180° F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for low, indirect heat.
- Place the Brie in a small, cast iron skillet, then set on the right side of the grill. Place a pan of ice cubes in the middle. Smoke the brie for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir the jam with the apricots, pistachios and orange zest to combine.
- Remove the ice and skillet from the grill, then spoon the jam mixture on top of the Brie. Increase the grill temperature to 350° F, then return the skillet to the grill. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the grill. Drizzle the baked brie with honey, and garnish with fresh thyme, blackberries, and additional apricots and pistachios, if desired. Serve warm with crostini.
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Medium Bowl
If using a smaller grill, simply place a wire rack on top of the pan of ice cubes, then set the skillet on top.