Seared White Sea Bass
Wood Pellet Recommendation
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tbsp Cilantro, Chopped
2 tsp Curry Powder
1 tbsp Ginger Root, grated
1 cup Green Bell Pepper, sliced thin
1/2 tsp Paprika
1 cup Red Bell Pepper, sliced thin
For Serving, Sliced Lemon & Lime
3 tbsp Vegetable Oil, divided
1 cup Yellow Onion, chopped
1 Celery Stalk, sliced thin
For Serving, Cooked Rice
1 tbsp Garlic, Minced
1/2 cup Grape Tomatoes, quartered
To Taste, Citrus Parmesan
1/2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
4 Sea Bass Fillets (5 oz each)
3 Thyme Sprigs
1/2 cup Vegetable Stock
- Fire up your Louisiana Grills pellet grill on SMOKE mode and let it run with lid open for 10 minutes then preheat to 400° F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for medium-high heat. Place a cast iron skillet on the grill and allow to preheat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in the skillet. Add the thyme sprigs, celery, bell peppers, and onion. Sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, garlic and grated ginger and sauté with the vegetables for 1 minute.
- Stir in the curry powder, paprika, cayenne, vegetable stock, and tomatoes. Bring to a hard simmer, then close the lid and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Brush the fish with oil, then season with Key Lime Jerk. Sear the fish 2 to 3 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fillets. Transfer the fish to the sauce and simmer in the sauce for 3 to 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro and parsley, then remove from the grill.
- Serve fish warm with Cajun vegetable curry over rice, fresh lemon and lime
- Basting Brush
- Cast Iron Skillet
Substitute seafood stock for vegetable stock, for additional flavor.