Barbecued Pit Ham with Apricot Chipotle and Brown Sugar
Impress your guests this holiday season with a little barbecue culinary flare and delight their bellies with the wood fired flavor from a Louisiana Grills Wood Pellet Grill. The twice-cooked Barbecued Pit Ham is topped with a delicious Apricot, Chipotle, and Brown Sugar glaze that caramelizes on top of the meat due to the high heat from the grill. The result is the perfect balance of sweet and heat which forms an excellent complementary topping for the robust Barbecued Ham. Serve with caramelized carrots, roasted potatoes, and your favorite green vegetable for a truly rustic holiday feast.
4 cups Apple Juice
1 8 oz Jar Apricot Preserves
1 8-10-lb Smoked Country Pit Ham
½ cup dark brown sugar
2 Tbs Louisiana Grills Raspberry Chipotle
- Preheat your Louisiana Grill to 325F.
- Place studded ham into a roasting pan with 3 ½ cups of the apple juice, cover with foil.
- Set on grill cook, until Ham reaches an internal temperature of 160F.
- While the ham is cooking combine the apricot preserves, remaining apple juice, dark brown sugar and the Louisiana Grills Raspberry Chipotle seasoning in a saucepan until the brown sugar is dissolved.
- When the proper temp is achieved, increase the grill temp to 500F, uncover the ham, brush with apricot glaze (reserve the remaining glaze to serve with ham). Cook for 8-10 more minutes or until ham is nice and golden brown.
- Remove from Grill and serve.
- Aluminum Foil
- Roasting Pan
Studding with whole cloves and cross hatching the ham helps the sauce cling- to, and absorb into the ham (lets be honest, it looks amazing too)!