Mediterranean Chicken Breasts
Fresh and flavorful, these Mediterranean Chicken Breasts are the perfect skillet dinner for any time of year. The chicken breasts are grilled lightly then finished off in a flavorful sauce filled with garlic, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, lemon and parsley. Serve over pasta or with a Mediterranean-style salad for a delicious and healthy meal.
1 cup Artichoke Hearts, drained, quartered
2 tbsp Capers, drained
3/4 cup Chicken Stock
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp Butter
2 lbs Chicken Breast, boneless, skinless
1 tbsp Flour
1 Lemon, juice & zest
1 tbsp Parsley, Chopped
To Taste, Champion Chicken Seasoning
- Fire up your Louisiana Grills pellet grill on SMOKE mode and let it run with lid open for 10 minutes then preheat to 400° F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for medium-high heat.
- Place chicken breast on a cutting board and trim off excess fat and cartilage. Season chicken with Champion Chicken.
- Grill the chicken 3 to 4 minutes per side, then remove and set aside on a plate.
- Place a cast iron skillet on the grill, then heat olive oil and butter in the skillet, then sprinkle in the flour. Stir for 1 minute to cook the flour, then add in the chicken stock, garlic, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, lemon zest and juice. Stir well, then return the chicken breast to the skillet. Allow chicken to simmer in sauce for 5 to 7 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove Mediterranean chicken from the grill. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve warm.
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Wooden Spoon
Need a side for this delicious recipe? Try some roasted garlic couscous, a mainstay in Mediterranean cuisine.