Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu
Wood Pellet Recommendation
4, Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breasts
8 slices Ham or Prosciutto
¼ cup Honey
¼ cup Olive Oil
½ tsp Salt and Pepper
¼ cup Dijon Mustard
or Prosciutto Ham, Sliced
1 Tsp Louisiana Grills Savory Smokehouse Rub
½ tsp Oregano
Swiss Cheese, Sliced
Small Mixing Bowl
- Fire up your Louisiana Grill and set the temperature to 400°F. If you’re using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for medium-high heat. Preheat with lid closed for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a knife, make a pocket in the thick part of the chicken breast extending the length of the chicken breast without cutting through the sides or the bottom.
- Layer a slice of ham prosciutto and cheese together and roll it up. Stick the roll in the pocket of the chicken. Repeat with the remaining breasts.
- In a small bowl, mix the Dijon mustard, honey, olive oil, Champion Chicken, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Brush the mixture generously on both sides of each chicken breast. Grill chicken for 8-10 minutes per side or until chicken is done, basting occasionally with the remaining glaze while cooking.
For juicy and tender chicken, marinade your chicken breasts in olive oil, lemon juice, and rosemary overnight in the refrigerator.