Barbecued Sumac Chicken
Wood Pellet Recommendation
8 Chicken Thighs, bone-in
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1 Serrano Pepper, minced
1 Tsp Thyme, Dried
1 Tbsp Citrus Spice Rub
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Sumac
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, Citrus Spice, Sumac, dried thyme, and minced serrano pepper.
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag, then pour the marinade over. Allow to marinate overnight.
- Fire up your Louisiana Grills pellet grill on SMOKE mode and let it run with lid open for 10 minutes then preheat to 300° F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for medium-low heat.
- Remove chicken thighs from marinade and place directly on the grill grate. Barbecue the chicken for 45 to 55 minutes, until an internal temperature of 165° F is reached.
- Remove chicken from the grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving warm.
Rotate chicken every 15 minutes for even cooking and lightly crisp skin.