Smoked Beef Tenderloin with Broiled Lobster Tails
2, 8-10 oz Beef Tenderloin Filets
2 Garlic Clove, Minced
Louisiana Grills Prime Steakhouse Rub
1 cup Clarified Butter
2, 8-oz Lobster Tails
Salt & Pepper
Pre-heat grill to 200°F. While the grill is preheating, season each filet with the Louisiana Grills Prime Steakhouse Rub, making sure to season both sides.
- Place the filets on the grill and smoke for 30 minutes.
- While they are smoking, prep the lobster tail, using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, cut down the center of the top shell then gently lift the meat out of the shell. Do not completely remove the meat, set it on top of the shell (with it out of the shell it can be completely seasoned and will cook faster).
- After smoking the filets, remove them from the grill.
Open the broiler plate on the grill and set the temperature to 450°F and preheat the grill for 5 minutes with the lid open.
- Place the filets over the open flame until desired grill marks are achieved, then remove.
- Close the boilerplate and place the filets back on the grill and cook and additional 8-10 minutes for medium rare.
- Season the lobster tail with a little, minced garlic and salt and pepper.
- Remove the filets from the grill cover with foil and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- While the filets are resting place the lobster tail on the grill for only 6-8 minutes (they cook fast).
- Remove the lobster from the grill serve with clarified butter and your favorite side.
From Louisiana Grills Executive Chef Steve (@supergriller): This is a fast cook, so it is important to have all your “Mis en Place” (everything in place) when starting to cook this recipe.