Seared Cowboy Steak
Filled with marbling, the Cowboy Steak or Bone-in Ribeye is one of the most flavorful cuts of beef. The bone not only makes for an impressive presentation, but adds wonderful, rich flavor that is only enhanced when grilled. In this version, the steak is grilled then topped with a garlic and thyme-infused butter for the ultimate mouthwatering bite. Serve with your favorite steak sides for an elegant and easy dinner.
2 tbsp Butter
1 - 2 tbsp Louisiana Grills Chop House Steak Rub
1 1/4 lbs Ribeye Steak, cowboy cut
2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and smashed
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 Thyme, Fresh Sprigs
Wood Pellet Recommendation
The savory and spicy notes from our Texas Mesquite Hardwood Pellets make these a great option for this recipe.
Note: This recipe uses Louisiana Grills Chop House Steak Rub, perfect for steaks and pork chops.
- Start up your Louisiana Grills pellet grill on SMOKE mode for 10 minutes.
- Set the grill to 450°F and let it come to temperature. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of the steak with the LG Chop House Rub.
- Open the sear slide and grill 2 to 3 minutes per side. Set aside to rest.
- While the steak rests prepare the garlic-thyme butter: heat olive oil and butter in a small skillet. Add garlic cloves and thyme then season with additional Chop House. Saute until fragrant, then drizzle over steak. Serve warm.
- Metal Spatula
For smokier flavor, cook the steak on SMOKE mode for 45 minutes and then sear at 450°F for 2 to 3 minutes per side.