Seared Cowboy Steak
Wood Pellet Recommendation
2 tbsp Butter
1 - 2 tbsp Louisiana Grills Chop House Steak Rub
1 1/4 lbs Ribeye Steak, cowboy cut
2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and smashed
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 Thyme, Fresh Sprigs
- Start up your Louisiana Grills pellet grill on SMOKE mode for 10 minutes.
- Set the grill to 450°F and let it come to temperature. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of the steak with the LG Chop House Rub.
- Open the sear slide and grill 2 to 3 minutes per side. Set aside to rest.
- While the steak rests prepare the garlic-thyme butter: heat olive oil and butter in a small skillet. Add garlic cloves and thyme then season with additional Chop House. Saute until fragrant, then drizzle over steak. Serve warm.
For smokier flavor, cook the steak on SMOKE mode for 45 minutes and then sear at 450°F for 2 to 3 minutes per side.