Seared Cowboy Steak
Wood Pellet Recommendation
2 tbsp Butter
1 - 2 tbsp Louisiana Grills Chop House Steak Rub
1 1/4 lbs Ribeye Steak, cowboy cut
2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and smashed
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 Thyme, Fresh Sprigs
- Start up your Louisiana Grills pellet grill on SMOKE mode for 10 minutes.
- Set the grill to 450°F and let it come to temperature. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of the steak with the LG Chop House Rub.
- Open the sear slide and grill 2 to 3 minutes per side. Set aside to rest.
- While the steak rests prepare the garlic-thyme butter: heat olive oil and butter in a small skillet. Add garlic cloves and thyme then season with additional Chop House. Saute until fragrant, then drizzle over steak. Serve warm.
- Metal Spatula
For smokier flavor, cook the steak on SMOKE mode for 45 minutes and then sear at 450°F for 2 to 3 minutes per side.