Grilled Mongolian Beef
1/2 cup Beef Stock
1 tbsp Cornstarch
2 tsp Ginger Root, grated
1 tsp Sesame Seeds, toasted
2 tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
2 tbsp Water
1 tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
2 tsp Sesame Oil
1 lb Sirloin Steak, 1x3" thin strips
1 tbsp Tamari
- Medium Rare: 130°F - 135°F
- Medium: 135°F - 140°F
- Medium Well: 145°F - 155°F
- Well Done: 155°F and up.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together chili sauce, hoisin sauce, tamari, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil. Add steak, then toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Fire up your Louisiana Grills pellet grill and with the lid open, set your temperature to SMOKE mode.
- Once the fire is lit, preheat to 400° F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for medium-high heat.
- Remove steak from marinade. Transfer marinade and beef stock to a small skillet and place on the grill. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Combine water and cornstarch to create a slurry, then whisk into the sauce to thicken. Set aside.
- Grill steak strips over direct flame 1 minute per side, then transfer to sauce.
- Grill scallions, then cool and slice into inch pieces.
- Serve steak warm with rice, scallions, and toasted sesame seeds.
- Mixing Bowl
- Small Skillet
To get the most out of this recipe, thinly slice the steak across the grain into bite-size strips.