Filet Mignon Caprese
Here’s an Italian twist to the classic filet mignon. This Caprese’ takes center stage, as an entrée that features great tastes from the isle of Capri. Start with marinated filet mignon, seared on the grill, then add fresh mozzarella, tomato and elevate this dish to a mouthwatering level.
3/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For Serving, Fresh Basil
4 Mozzarella Cheese, Sliced Rounds
1 tbsp Prime Steakhouse Rub Seasoning
1 tbsp Thyme, Dried
2 Beefsteak or Heirloom Tomatoes, sliced
4 (6-8 oz/ea) Filet Mignon
2 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Oregano, dried
To Taste, Salt and Pepper
In order to bring out the rich, smoky flavors in this prime filet mignon, we recommend using our Competition Blend Hardwood Pellets.
Note: This recipe uses Louisiana Grills Prime Steakhouse Rub.
- Heat Louisiana Grill to medium high heat
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, Steakhouse rub, honey, olive oil, dried thyme, and dried oregano. Pour over steak and let marinate 20 minutes
- Season tomatoes with salt and pepper
- Next grill steaks 4 to 5 minutes per side, then top with sliced mozzarella and tomatoes and close grill cover until cheese is melty, 2-3 minutes
- Top with fresh basil and enjoy
Marinate steaks overnight, and pair with a creamy polenta