Smoked Turkey Legs
Recreate this fair food favorite at home! The perfect way to use your pellet grill, these delicious smoked turkey legs are juicy and flavorful and will take you back to summer days at the state fair. Be sure to make extra — they’ll go quickly! The perfect dinner for having your healthy friends over for a nice paleo dinner.
4 cups Ice
1 bottle Louisiana Grill Sweet Rib Rub
1/2 gallon Water, Cold
1 cup Salt
2 gallon room temperature Water
- Add the cold water and ice to the brine, then place the turkey legs in the pot. Carefully pour the brine over the turkey legs, cover the pot and place in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, drain the brine and remove the turkey legs from the pot. Pat the turkey legs dry and coat all sides of the turkey legs in ¼ cup of Sweet Rib Rub.
- Fire up your Louisiana Grill and set the temperature to 250°F. If using a non-pellet smoker, set it up for low heat.
- Insert a temperature probe into one of the turkey legs and place the turkey legs in the center rack of the smoker. Smoke the turkey legs for 4-5 hours, or until the turkey legs are deeply browned and fragrant and the internal temperature of the turkey legs are 165°F.
- Remove the turkey legs from the smoker and serve immediately.
- Brining bag
- Large Pot
- Paper towel
- Temperature Probe
For a sweet and tangy smoky aroma, fill your hopper with our Tennessee Whiskey Barrel Hardwood Pellets.