Louisiana Grills Kitchen
Wood Pellet Recommendation
- One prepared Corned Beef in Cryovac packaging – Approx. 8 lbs.
- Pastrami Rub
2 Tbsp Whole Black Peppercorns
1 Tbsp Fresh Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Whole Coriander Seeds
1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Paprika
2 Tsp Garlic Powder
2 Tsp Onion Powder
½ Tsp Whole Yellow (White) Mustard Seeds
- ½ Tsp Mustard Powder
- 1 Tsp Louisiana Grills Prime Steakhouse Rub
Unwrap the corned beef, and rinse thoroughly in cold water. Take the beef and place it in a deep pan (5-gallon bucket will work) and cover – Allow to soak at least 12 hours or overnight to remove the saltiness of the brine it was packaged in.
- Mix all the dry rub ingredients together, and once the beef has soaked, pat it dry and apply the rub over the entire piece of meat.
Set your Louisiana Grills to 225°F.
- Once pre-heated, place the beef on the grill, and allow to cook for approx. 1 ½ hours per pound, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 190-195.
- Remove the pastrami and wrap in foil or plastic wrap and allow the meat to rest covered for about 1 ½ hours (In a cooler filled with towels works best).
- Once rested, slice thinly for sandwiches or main dish.
Resting the Pastrami will help it reconstitute and steam a bit. You can cut it while it’s hot, but easier to slice if it’s been refrigerated (Reheat in its own juices). It’s great served with pickled cabbage, cheese, potatoes, or even made into a pizza!