An elegant, refined spin on the classic beef burger, this Wagyu Burger with Caramelized Onions, Garlic Aioli, and Mushrooms is a burger that is sure to impress! Made with beef from Wagyu cattle, this burger is perfect for a date night or birthday celebration for that special someone. Be careful not to overmix the beef when you make the burgers!
- In a large mixing bowl, gently mix together the wagyu ground beef and Chophouse Steak Rub until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix the meat or the burgers will be tough. Gently separate the meat into quarters and shape into loose balls. Press each ball into a patty. Place the patties onto a sheet pan, then place the sheet pan into the refrigerator to chill.
- While the patties are chilling, add the thinly sliced onion and olive oil to a medium size pan over low heat. Cook the onions slowly, stirring occasionally, until they are golden brown, have lost most of their moisture, and have shrunk significantly, about 30-40 minutes. Remove the now-caramelized onions from the pan.
- Place the pan back on the stove over high heat and add the mushrooms. Cook just until the mushrooms become fragrant and begin to release their moisture, then add the balsamic vinegar and cook over high heat until the vinegar has reduced, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the garlic, mayo, olive oil, parsley, fresh lemon juice and Chophouse Seasoning. Set aside.
- Fire up your Louisiana Grill and set the temperature to 350°F. If you are using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for medium heat.
- Remove the burger patties from the refrigerator and place on the grill. Grill the burgers for 3 minutes on 1 side, then flip and top with a slice of Irish cheddar. Continue to grill for another 5-6 minutes, or until the burgers are medium rare (125°F).
- Remove the patties from the grill and build the burger: top the bottom brioche bun with a patty, then add a spoonful of caramelized onions, a spoonful of balsamic mushrooms, and a swoop of garlic aioli. Serve immediately.