Dry, empty cooler
Meat Probe or Remote Thermometer
Start up your grill. Then, set the temperature to 250°F.
- Peel the membrane off the bone side and remove excess fat.
- Rub the ribs down with hot sauce and season generously with Sweet Heat, salt, and pepper.
- Place the ribs on the grill. Then, insert your meat probe before closing the lid to cook.
Check on your ribs after 3-4 hours. If one side is cooking faster than the other, rotate them.
- Once the beef reaches 195°F, start probe testing the ribs for doneness. Because the finished temperature can
vary, do a check with each time the temperature increases by 3°F.
- To probe test: insert the meat probe vertically in between the bones to push through the second membrane on the
bottom. The meat should have a consistent butter like tenderness throughout the rack with a final internal temp
ranging from 200°F – 205°F.
- After 1 hour, use a thermometer to check the internal temperature of the lollipops. They will be ready to glaze
when the temperature reaches 165°F.
- Once the ribs finish cooking, remove from the grill to let them rest.
- To let the ribs rest: wrap them tightly in foil. Then, wrap in a towel and place in a dry, empty cooler for 1 hour.
Slice between the bones to serve and enjoy!