A classic, these juicy Smoked Chicago Italian Beef Sandwiches are sure to be an instant family favorite. They are perfect for a laid-back weekend cookout or a backyard barbecue with friends. If you like a little more heat, make sure to pick up some sport peppers for some true Chicago flavor!
- Place your roast on a flat work surface. Using a sharp knife, carefully poke slits all over the roast, then tuck slices of garlic into the slits. Combine Louisiana Grills Chophouse Seasoning and Italian Seasoning together, and thoroughly season the roast on all surfaces.
- Fire up your pellet grill and set the temperature to 300°F. If you’re using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for medium low heat, and use smoke chips to fill your grill with smoke for 15 minutes. Place a temperature probe into the thickest part of the beef roast.
- Smoke the meat for 2 hours, or until the meat is brown and fragrant, and reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. Remove the meat from the grill and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Slice the meat across the grain, place the meat back into the pan and pour the beef broth over the meat and cover. Place back onto grill for 1-2 hours or until the juices have soaked into the meat.
- Pile the slices of beef in a soft hoagie roll and top with a generous scoop of peppers and giardiniera. If you like a wet beef sandwich, dip the whole sandwich in the pan juices before serving. Serve with lots of napkins!