Make Bourbon Breaded Chicken with Red Velvet Waffles for a delicious twist on a southern poultry classic. This Chicken and Waffles recipe will be a hit at any cookout or family dinner. Make sure you have the grill fired up before your guests arrive so that the smoky aroma gets their mouths watering before dinner hits the table!
- Fire up your Louisiana Grill and set the temperature to 350°F. If you’re using a gas or charcoal grill, set up the grill for medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, bourbon, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, garlic powder, and Sweet Rib Rub seasoning. Add the chicken, turn the chicken breasts to coat, and cover the bowl. Refrigerate for 4-12 hrs.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and using a pair of tongs, lightly grease the grill rack.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and drain the marinade from the chicken. Mix together 3 cups bread crumbs and 2 tbsp Sweet Rib Rub. Mix the coating together and bread the chicken breasts.
- Grill or smoke until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 170°F and the chicken is crispy and golden brown.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix the eggs, vegetable oil, water, and red velvet cake mix in a bowl with the electric mixer.
- Add the mix into the waffle iron and cook. Make as many waffles as the mix allows.
- On a plate, place the cooked chicken on top of the waffles and top with maple syrup or honey.