These Grilled Chicken Burrito bowls taste just like your favorite Mexican restaurant’s but can be easily made at home! Make these delicious bowls for any party or weeknight dinner for a healthy alternative, gluten free alternative to takeout burritos. Your family will love these burrito bowls, and you’ll love how easy your Louisiana Grill makes dinner happen!
- Fire up your Louisiana Grill and set the temperature to 350°F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for medium heat.
- Place the rice in a fine mesh sieve and rinse under cold water for 2-5 minutes, or until the water runs clear. Add the rice to a pot with 2 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil on the stove top. Once the rice boils, drop the temperature to a simmer, place the pot lid on top securely, and let the rice cook for 20-25 minutes.
- For the chicken: In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, Sweet Heat Rub, and lime juice. Add the chicken and toss to coat well. Allow the chicken to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Once the time is up, remove the rice from the heat, and allow it to steam with the lid on for a further 10 minutes. Remove the lid from the rice, add the lime juice and cilantro, and fluff the rice with a fork. Set aside.
- Grill the chicken for 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and is golden and charred in some spots. Remove the chicken from the grill and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing into bite sized pieces.
- To assemble the burrito bowls: place a large scoop of cilantro lime rice into a bowl. Top with slices of grilled chicken, a scoop of black beans, a scoop of corn, salsa, cheese, sour cream, and avocado. Serve immediately.