This low-carb keto friendly Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Cauliflower is a show-stopping dish that will make even the pickiest eaters love vegetables. The entire head of cauliflower is stuffed with a creamy mixture of spinach, parmesan, crushed pork rinds, and cheddar, then wrapped in
bacon and grilled perfectly until tender on the inside and crisp and golden on the outside.
Remove the leaves and trim the stem so the cauliflower lays flat, but still intact.
Carbs in Cauliflower
Cauliflower is often a vegetable of choice for those following a keto diet. A whole medium sized head of cauliflower contains 29 grams of carbs with 12 grams of fiber resulting in a total of 17 net carbs.
Note: It is recommended to use
Wisconsin Hickory Hardwood
Pellets with this recipe.
- Fire up your Louisiana Grills pellet grill and preheat to 450°F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it for high heat. Place cast iron pot on grill and bring 8 cups water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, add spinach, eggs, green onions, garlic, cheddar, cream cheese, pork rinds, and parmesan. Process on low for 30 seconds to combine, scraping sides with rubber spatula. Transfer mixture to a piping bag with a ¾-inch tip, or a resealable plastic bag works just as well. Simply cut the bottom corner of the bag with a knife or scissors.
- Once water is boiling, add, oil, lemon juice, and salt. Then add cauliflower and cover with lid. Cook for 12 minutes, until a knife easily cuts into the center of the cauliflower.
- Using a mesh strainer, transfer cauliflower to a small rimmed baking pan and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Position cooled cauliflower stem-side up in baking pan. Pipe filling in between stalks of florets. If your florets are tightly packed, you can cut a few pieces out to make room for more filling mixture or use a spoon to push filling into crevices.
- Lay strips of bacon, slightly overlapping, in cast iron skillet. Place cauliflower on top, then fold over bacon, adding additional strips over spinach mixture, and tucking in. Flip cauliflower head over.
- Place on grill, cover, and cook until golden all over, about 40 to 45 minutes.